Membership of the South African Institute Membership
Membership runs from 01/01 – 31/12 every year and is renewable annually.
- Corporate member: Juristic bodies in their legal capacity with an annual fee dependant on the amount of employees. Either R2,750.00 (less than 10 employees) or R5,500.00 (more than 10 employees). Corporate membership is charged per registered company, not by amount of offices.
- Natural member: Natural members in their personal capacity who the Consumer Protection Act refers to as Auctioneers and are involved in bid calling, with an annual fee of R1,100.00.
- Candidate natural member (Intern): Auctioneering candidates who need to complete X amount of auctions prior to them becoming full natural members, with an annual fee of R1,100.00. These members need to have a mentor who has to be a qualified natural member to certify their practical training and internship.
- Associate member: Employees of corporate members, such as bid spotters/ assistants, clerks, cashiers, marketers and other support staff with an annual fee of R275.00.
- Affiliate Corporate member: Juristic entities that are involved in auction related businesses; either as clients or suppliers such as financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, attorneys, trading partners such as media, insurance, or training providers etc., with an annual fee of R1,100.00
- Affiliate natural member: Natural persons employed by an affiliate corporate member that are involved in auction related businesses; either as clients or suppliers such as financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, attorneys, trading partners such as media, insurance, or training providers etc with an annual fee of R275.00
- Honorary member: Natural persons who have made a great contribution or are likely to contribute to the welfare and advancement of the auctioneering industry irrespective of whether they are auctioneers or not. Honorary membership is usually granted for life.
Click to view full sign-up process.
View Full Website for Auctions and Auctioneer details and detailed information on SAIA HERE